29th August 2021
Written by Dr Jessica Taylor
Social media connects billions of people around the world based on their ideas, commonalities and shared interests. This has meant that people have been able to discuss and debate topics that have previously been ignored or dismissed.
One of the topics that seems to be being discussed more recently, is misandry. Whilst misandry is loosely defined as the hatred and oppression of males, it has been compared to the power of misogyny (the hatred and oppression of females).
I am writing this blog as a go-to list of questions for those people who claim that the world is misandrist, and that women are in power, or that women have more rights than men.
Further, I write this to challenge men who believe that systemic misandry exists on the same scale, or worse than misogyny.
The reason for these questions is two fold:
1. You probably cannot give real, evidence based examples for all, or most, or any of these because misandry doesn’t, and never has existed in a patriarchy where men rule the world
2. If you did find one example, all you have done is found an exception which proves the rule. If all you can find is one example in the history of the entire world, whilst thousands or millions of girls and women are subjected to that example on a daily basis, again, you’ve proven that misandry does not and cannot exist on a systemic level.
Here are the misandry questions, all based on current global legislation, statistics and research from UN, WHO and world governments:
1. Can you name 1 instance of an all-female terrorist regime that has committed acts of mass rape and murder towards boys and men who they deem inferior?
2. Can you name 1 instance where a group of female terrorists abducted hundreds of little boys from their school, to traffic them for sex?
3. Can you name 1 female led country in the world where it is illegal for men to drive a car or have a driving licence because they are perceived as too stupid?
5. Can you name 1 female led country in the world where men are not allowed to leave their houses without a female chaperone?
6. Can you name 1 country in the world where females in power have legally dictated that men should cover their entire bodies at all times, not show their hair or faces, and punish men and boys who do show their skin?
7. Can you name 1 female led country or community in the world that has legally banned boys from getting an education or attending school?
8. Can you name 1 company which is currently abducting and exploiting men and boys to impregnate, carry and birth babies for rich white people whilst being locked in facilities for 9 months?
9. Can you name 1 female led country where the child marriage of boys as young as 6 years old to adult women is widely encouraged or legally allowed?
10. Can you name 1 country where men are not allowed to take part in sports at all?
11. Can you name 1 country where 1 in 3 men will be raped or sexually assaulted by women?
12. Can you name 1 country where the entire government is female?
13. Can you name 1 country where all CEOs of top performing companies are female?
14. Can you name 1 country where men who become fathers are expected not to work or study?
15. Can you name 1 country where men are made to live in small huts once per month due to their hormonal cycle as they are perceived to be unclean and unworthy of being in bed with a woman?
16. Can you name 1 country where teenage and unmarried fathers were sent away to asylums and institutions to live there and look after their babies on their own?
17. Can you name 1 country where the majority of all murders of men are committed by women?
18. Can you name 1 female-led major world religion which suggests or describes men as inferior to women?
19. Can you name 1 country where males must get permission and supervision of females to travel, marry or seek healthcare?
20. Can you name 1 country where large groups of women publicly stone men to death for showing their skin?
21. Can you name 1 country where large groups of women kill men for having sex before marriage?
22. Can you name 1 country where large groups of women publicly flog and beat men as a form of punishment for being seen out alone without a female chaperone?
23. Can you name 1 country where men have been forbidden from using any form of contraception?
24. Can you name 1 country where a man has never been in power or leadership in government?
25. Can you name 1 country where men are not allowed to apply for a passport without the express permission of a woman?
26. Can you name 1 country in the world where women kill more than 3 men per week?
27. Can you name 1 country in the world that states that male prisoners can only leave prison if they transferred into the guardianship of a woman who will then control them?
28. Can you name 1 country in the world where a man is not recognised as ‘a whole person before the court’ and therefore cannot give evidence in a trial unless it is backed up by a woman who is deemed as a ‘whole person’?
29. Can you name 1 country in the world where men do not have the right to vote, but women do?
30. Can you name 1 country in the world where a woman has a legal right to stop her husband from working in occupations she doesn’t like or want him to do?
31. Can you name 1 country where female-led governments have stated that men are not legally allowed to drive trains, tractors or pilot ships?
32. Can you name 1 country where men were not allowed to watch sporting events?
33. Can you name 1 country where men are not allowed to serve in the military?
34. Can you name 1 country in the world where universities restrict their male university population to 10-15% to ensure more women than men get into higher education because they are deemed more important than men?
35. Can you name 1 country where a man can be given up to 100 lashes for wearing trousers?
36. Can you name 1 country or community where it is illegal for men to own or use a mobile phone?
37. Can you name 1 country where men and boys were routinely sectioned and had their reproductive organs removed because female doctors believed it was causing them to become insane?
The reality is, that no matter how much some men want to pretend they are oppressed, and discriminated against by ‘misandry’, there is no global evidence of female-led systems which oppress, murder, rape and abuse men and boys. It isn’t happening anywhere in the world.
Is it possible for women to hate men? Yes.
Is it possible that there are entire global power systems that seek to oppress and control men and boys, whilst removing their human rights to healthcare, justice and education, on the same level as misogyny? Nope.
The pitiful cries of misandry are nothing more than whataboutery and distractions from mainly privileged white men, desperate to position themselves as the real victims of a systemic oppression that simply doesn’t exist in a patriarchy.
It’s time we ditched this fantasy oppression of men and concentrated on achieving equity for the sexes by making global systemic and structural changes so that none of the questions in this article are ever relevant to women and girls (or men and boys).
Written by Dr Jessica Taylor